Here is a plan to get your body into Ketosis in 3 Days or Less:
- Be sure to know the net carbs of the food that you are eating. Net carbs are the total amount of carbohydrates you consume, minus the amount of fiber.
- To get into ketosis in 3 days or less, you will want to set your goal for carbohydrates to less than 20 net carbs.
- The less carbohydrates you eat during this stage, the quicker you will enter ketosis.
- Be sure to complete moderate physical activity. This will help you to burn the small amount of carbohydrates in your system. To get more energy, your liver will produce more ketones.
- Eat more fat. Don’t worry about counting calories, as your main goal is to enter ketosis, not lose weight. Eat as much fat as is necessary to satisfy your hunger, just don’t eat carbs.
- Maintain your protein intake to keep your muscles healthy.
- Increase your water intake to battle carbohydrate deprivation.
- Increase your magnesium and salt intake to battle carbohydrate deprivation.
KEEP IN MIND: This will not be easy! You will experience the effects of carbohydrates deprivation, and will have Very strong urges to eat carbs. Don’t Give In!! Even the smallest amount of extra carbs will keep your body from entering ketosis, or will knock it out of ketosis once you have entered it.
You will experience the effects of carbohydrate deprivation. Read up on the Keto Flu to know what to expect. These side effects are normal. I recommend beginning to take daily magnesium before you even start your Keto Diet.
Remember, entering ketosis and losing weight are two different things. Once you are in ketosis, and your body has adjusted to the low amount of carbohydrates you are feeding it, you can adjust your daily caloric intake accordingly, to begin to achieve your desired weight loss.